A Breakthrough That's Redefining the Standards For:
- Reducing Friction and Heat
- Reducing Wear and Failure
- Reducing Corrosion
- Reducing Maintenance
How Does Our Patented Boron CLS Bond® Technology Work?
- Boric acid is introduced to a metallic substrate in the presence of water vapor. Interaction between the substrate, the water (H2O), and Boric Acid (H3BO3) forms a continuously self-replenishing film of boric oxide (B2O3) that bonds to the substrate, forming a corrosion-resistant barrier.
- The boric oxide spontaneously reacts with the air, replenishing the boric acid. The boric acid molecules form into crystal platelets, each of which is a triclinic lattice of molecules strongly bound together by macromolecular covalent bonds (see microscopic photo above).
- Aligned by the mechanical motion of the substrate, the platelets form stacked layers with very small (0.318 nm) spaces between. As a result, the inter-platelet layers are bound by weak "van der Waals" forces, allowing a very low coefficient of friction.
Unique Molecular Structure Makes the CLS Bond UnrivaledThe benefits of CLS Bond® products have been documented in test after test. For example, engine friction is reduced by up to 80%, and engine wear by up to 90%.* And in private testing by industrial users, for both engine oils and industrial grease, the results have been even more impressive. Plus, boron is environmentally friendly in all forms. The bottom line is that lubricants with Boron CLS Bond® can be used anywhere there's a need for guaranteed performance.
All referenced company or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.